WestJet significantly increases its cool-weather schedule at McCarran International McCarran International Airport’s largest international air carrier will soon expand its Las Vegas presence with new or relaunched seasonal service to and from eight destinations across Canada. Calgary, Alberta-based WestJet carried 873,801 travelers through McCarran during the 12-month period that ended July 31, 2011, nearly twice as many passengers as reported by McCarran’s second-largest foreign flag carrier. During the fall, winter and spring months, WestJet historically expands its offerings to warm-weather markets that appeal to Canadians seeking an escape from their homeland’s cooler seasonal temperatures. This year, WestJet’s fall/winter/spring schedule will bring an additional 1,760 seats per week to McCarran compared with a year ago. Overall, WestJet’s seat count at McCarran will be 18 percent greater when compared with the same period one year ago.
WestJet’s expanded service includes new nonstops to McCarran from the following cities:
• Victoria, British Columbia. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday service beginning Sept. 6 through late November; reverts to
Thursday and Sunday service during December through April 26, 2012.
• Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Wednesday and Saturday service beginning Sept. 7 through April 28, 2012.
• Ottawa, Ontario. Thursday and Sunday flights beginning Sept. 8 through April 26, 2012.
• Hamilton, Ontario. Monday and Friday service beginning Sept. 9 through Nov. 28.
• Regina, Saskatchewan. Monday and Friday service beginning Sept. 9 through April 27, 2012.
• Prince George, British Columbia. Wednesday and Saturday service beginning Sept. 10 through Nov. 26
• Kelowna, British Columbia. Tuesday and Saturday service beginning Sept. 10 through April 28, 2012.
• London, Ontario. Thursday and Sunday service beginning Oct. 30 through April 26, 2012.
“WestJet is a phenomenal success story at McCarran, and we are pleased to welcome more of its customers to Las Vegas in the weeks to come,” said Randall H. Walker, Clark County Director of Aviation. “In
past years Canadian travelers have responded warmly to this airline’s seasonal service additions, and we’re confident that trend will continue this fall on through to the spring.”
Hugh Dunleavy, WestJet Executive Vice-President, Strategy and Planning, added, “We are very pleased to provide additional service to McCarran. There is a very strong demand among Canadian travelers for the many unique attractions, sights and sounds of Las Vegas, and we continue to offer additional opportunities from new and existing gateways to meet that demand.”
WestJet operates three types of Boeing 737-class aircraft, with capacities ranging from 119 to 166 seats per aircraft. You can learn more about the Las Vegas airport here: www.las-vegas-airport.org